Proposal: 1.8 release and development process changes

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Sep 26 11:17:09 PDT 2009

Excerpts from David Gerard's message of Sat Sep 26 11:00:09 -0700 2009:

> The testing rule is 90:90, isn't it? 90% development, then 90%
> testing. (i.e. you'll spend half your time testing anyway.)

Presumably the feature branches are where major development occurs,
and about the only thing happening in 'master' is merging so that
people can test before release. We're pretty much planning on a 100%
testing schedule, which is just a small rounding difference from the
usual 90%.
keith.packard at intel.com