Separate X-Screen feature - dual monitoring

Pradeep Reddy pradeep.grt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:46:58 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am having following configuration

*Chipset*            * :    945GME Express Integrated graphics controller*
*Model *             * :    Asus eee PC 904HA*
*Monito*r           * :    LVDS*
*Driver *             *:    Xorg_X11_Intel_Video_Driver*
*X-Server        :    Xorg-X11-server-1.6.1.902-3.3moblin2
OS                 :    Moblin

*In order to support Separate X-screen*, *i have connected to external
monitor and tried various combinations of xorg.conf.*
*I am still unable to get separate X-screens. So i suspect on Intel hardware
& My X-server too. Do any one already success ed making  two
separate X-screens with intel chipset, or am i totally wrong, its nothing to
do with hardware?. If so please suggest me with their xorg.conf.

My server layout section of xorg.conf is given for reference*

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    Screen      1  "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

*In case of Nvidia graphics, ubuntu 8.10 + are given the nice UI to set
X-server usning "Nvidia X-serve settings".*

P.S: Please dont get confuse Separate two screens with the extended screen,
what i want ti

*Thanks in advance,
Pradeep