[RFC] Dropping Alpha sparse mapping support from X

Dialup Jon Norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Sun Sep 6 19:21:04 PDT 2009

Matt, list:

perhaps we in the land of abundant and cheap EV56 and above systems can help
those few who are still using the lower-numbered CPU systems upgrade?  You cn
mail a 164 LX mobo/cpu care package anywhere in the world fairly cheaply.

I've done similar in the past.  It's nicw if the recipient agrees topay the
postage.

just a thought - we need all the hands and heads we can get to keep the Alpha
architecture in play.

jn