XWindows crashes while playing video using Xine

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Mon Oct 26 23:15:53 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:31 PM,  <debojyoti.pal at wipro.com> wrote:
> I am facing the following problem related to XWindows while playing Video
> using Xine:
> xcb_io.c:242: process_responses: Assertion Assertion `!(req &&
> current_request && !(((long) (req->sequence) - (long) (current_request)) <=
> 0))' failed

I don't remember seeing any reports of that assertion firing before,
but Google says you're not the only one. Unfortunately not one report
that I could find had any information in it useful for
troubleshooting. (Has anyone else seen reports of this assertion
firing that I should look at?)

For a start, what version of libx11 are you using? The
process_responses function has been thoroughly re-written several
times over its history, as has a lot of the rest of xcb_io.c.

Please install debugging symbols for at least libx11, and ideally
libxcb and the xine plugins too, before sending more stack traces.

At a first guess, it looks like a race condition between multiple
threads. Would you run "thread apply all bt full" in gdb when it
fails, please?

How often does it occur? If it's a race condition, I'd expect it to be
fairly random; is there anything you can do to make it fail reliably?

Jamey