X11R7.5 Release Candidate 1

Sun Oct 25 23:37:43 PDT 2009

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Sunday 18 of October 2009, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>> Release Candidate 1 of X11R7.5 has been posted at:
>>
>> 	http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.5-RC1/
>
> Intel driver 1.9.0 misses important fixes for xserver 1.7 like
> 8a77877f9c2c6a8a1308bc1a3be9e7ad88bc7f49 that fixes "artistic" bug
> http://carme.pld-linux.org/~arekm/IMG_2939out.JPG
> http://carme.pld-linux.org/~arekm/IMG_2941out.JPG

I assume you mean 2.9.0.   Unfortunately that's the latest release
the intel maintainers have produced, so that's what we have to go
with.   They can always produce a 2.9.1 when they are ready and
recommend their users and distros use it instead - since the 7.5
release is distributed as individual modules, it's trivial for
builders to replace 2.9.0 with 2.9.1 when it's out.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com