C99 types patch

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Oct 22 07:20:35 PDT 2009

Excerpts from Daniel Stone's message of Thu Oct 22 20:55:57 +0900 2009:

> I mean just for CARDxx and INTxx, i.e. they really only have the number
> of bits implied by the type.  XID/Atom/etc, where they're just used as
> unsigned long, will have to stay that way.  Shrug.

Yeah, the CARD/INT stuff should be replaced globally, starting with
header file hacks and moving into the rest of the code. However, the
suggested patch also replaced the XID types everywhere.

> In what sense is CARD32/INT32 more self-documenting than
> uint32_t/int32_t?

I only meant to reference Window/Pixmap/etc where the typenames
all point at XID but provide additional information about the API.

keith.packard at intel.com