cherry-pick to master

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Oct 13 13:16:22 PDT 2009

Excerpts from Jeremy Huddleston's message of Tue Oct 13 12:59:19 -0700 2009:
> Hi Keith,
>
> Can you please pull these two commits into master:
>
> 6980f77892e0409b44bd8f33ba82e7273c6462a4
> 7e178ffbed7c8557faf8d471ad275aa2b0365e1d
>
> I'm still waiting on Peter's "best git practices" documentation before
> making my apple feature tree.

In general, I think the idea was that patches be merged to master,
tested there, and then pulled back to the version branches. Is there
some reason you're doing this kind of development and testing on the
1.7 branch instead of from master? Are you finding master too unstable
to be used for this kind of development?

As we work on refining our source management policies, it would be
useful to get feedback on how things are working for developers and
maintainers. Ideally, I'd like to see you maintaining a branch or
repository off of the master X server branch and be I'd merging rather
than cherry-picking patches to master.

keith.packard at intel.com