keyboard problem under X with a different kernel

Frédéric L. W. Meunier lists2006 at pervalidus.net
Thu Oct 8 18:14:52 PDT 2009

I posted
at http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=125494753228217&w=2 , but
no answer.

My keyboard (ABNT2 PS/2) seems to be broken under X with
2.6.31.2. After less than an hour, it starts acting crazy. The
first time, all leds turned off and I couldn't type anything.
The second time, all leds also turned off, but since it happened
while I was pressing the Backspace key to delete text, it
continued deleting, like if the key was pressed.

In both cases, the mouse (USB) still works and I can exit X,
where the keyboard works. There's nothing in the logs.

No problem with 2.6.30.9. Is it supposed to be a kernel or X bug
?

Additional information:

I'm using all latest X11R7.5 packages, Mesa 7.6 and DRI for my

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RS690 [Radeon X1200 Series]