[gentoo-alpha] Need X testers on Alpha. I think we've got it this time.

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Thu Oct 8 19:08:47 PDT 2009

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 09:59:11 -0400
Jarod Wilson <jarod at redhat.com> wrote:

Leaving all the CCs in place, sorry to those who don't need this info.

> On 10/8/09 9:56 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Geoff
> > Martin<geoffmartin at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >>       I have a 164LX with a Matrox Millennium II and a "just
> >> installed" Debian Lenny, all hardware is the same as 10 years
> >> ago : ). Can I help you with the test? what do I need to do?
> >
> > In general, you need to install the xserver's dependencies, then
> > using git, clone my repository, and compile and install the code.
> >
> > I'm not a Debian user, so I'm not sure what's the best way to do
> > this. Maybe someone else with Debian knowledge can help.
>
> Not a Debian user either, but I believe...
>
> apt-get build-dep <name of X server package>
>
> ...should do the trick, more or less.
>
> (and equivalently, 'yum-builddep xorg-x11-server-Xorg' on Fedora)

I think this'll do it for any Debian people who are wondering.

"""
su root
echo "deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian sid main" \
 > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sid-source.list

apt-get update

apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg
"""

Also, its worth noting Alpha is no longer a release candidate for
Squeeze.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)