[gentoo-alpha] Need X testers on Alpha. I think we've got it this time.

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Thu Oct 8 07:22:14 PDT 2009

Le 08/10/2009 15:52, Matt Turner a écrit :
> Copy the xorg-server-9999.ebuild from your layman overlay to your
> local overlay (/usr/local/portage/x11-base/xorg-server/). Edit the
> file and change this line:
>
> EGIT_REPO_URI="git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/xserver"
> EGIT_REPO_URI="git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~mattst88/xserver"
> In the folder where this new ebuild exists, run `ebuild
> xorg-server-9999.ebuild digest`

Just adding this for the record, you don't even need to edit the ebuild
anymore. Just add the following line to your /etc/make.conf and follow
the rest of the procedure Matt explained :

xorg_server_LIVE_REPO="git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~mattst88/xserver"

That will override EGIT_REPO_URI from the ebuild.

> I don't know what your level of proficiency with Gentoo is, but if
> it's not high then this process will sound hard--trust me, it's really
> not. The alternative would be much more complicated.

This is absolutely right. Using the x11 overlay is much much simpler
than jhbuild or build.sh.

If you have any issues with the x11 overlay, don't hesitate to drop by
on #gentoo-desktop on FreeNode, there's always someone to help.

Cheers,

Rémi