Finishing the X11R7.5 katamari

Fri Oct 2 19:15:12 PDT 2009

Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>> If anyone disagrees with these, or the module versions listed as being
>> a stable, X11R7.5-compatible version that should be included in the
>> katamari,
>> now is the time to speak, as at the rate we're going, we should have the
>> X11R7.5 release finished by this time next week.
>>                          xineramaproto    1.1.2  1.2
>>                                 xinput    1.3.0    *
>
> xinit seems to be omitted... and it could use a bump too.

xinit was not on the X11R7.4 katamari modules list, but is on my list of
modules needing a release made.   I'm not sure why it was removed - perhaps
because the expectation is most users get X11 started via a display manager
like gdm/kdm now?   Though that wouldn't apply to Cygwin & MacOS X users,
so xinit would seem to be a core part of their window system.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com