New development model check-in.

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Nov 24 15:50:44 PST 2009

Thanks for the long answer. I've summed this up on the wiki
http://www.x.org/wiki/XServer

the main changes/additions:

- if you want a patch directly merged to master, state so in the email.
- pull requests for single patches are fine
- pull requests should have a Reviewed-by line for each patch

fwiw, I think it might be good if you could add a Release Manager section to
that page, not only to keep the process consistent for the future but also
as a reference to what ppl may expect.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:00:54AM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> > - send pull requests
>
> Make sure every patch in the pull request has a Reviewed-by: line.

I'd say this is a common sense issue, so I put it down as "should have" in
the wiki. e.g. things like typo fixes do not need a Reviewed-by, and there
are other, more borderline cases.

There's also Michel's case where he may not get enough reviews, so sometimes
patches will end up in a pull request w/o a Reviewed-by line.

Cheers,
  Peter