xf86UDelay was used - removal breaks drivers

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 21:50:23 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Alan Coopersmith
<Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com> wrote:
> This commit:
>
>   commit 9522ab9a98e98bc394703038e34b1c12aa39a179
>   Author: Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com>
>   Date:   Mon Aug 31 16:12:29 2009 -0400
>
>    Remove unused Delay.c
>
> has broken a number of drivers that used the previously exported
> xf86UDelay function, including:
>        xf86-video-ast
>        xf86-video-chips
>        xf86-video-glint
>        xf86-video-neomagic
>        xf86-video-rendition

Sorry for the breakage.

> Are updates going to be issued to all these drivers to use a different
> function, or should the removal be reverted?

Attached are patches that replace calls to xf86UDelay with usleep. I
couldn't find anywhere in -glint or -neomagic that xf86UDelay was
called--so if there is a place, point it out to me. Also attached is a
patch to chmod +x autogen.sh in -ast. The patches are compile tested
only.

While I did not mean to break these drivers, the fact that they went
for a couple months without any feedback tells me that they're
entirely unused.

If the ABI was already broken, I don't see any reason to 'fix' it by
adding this function back in.

Matt