Querying USB device's bInterfaceNumber

Ping pinglinux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 10:03:18 PST 2009

I need a quick answer since searching through the X server code takes too
long.

Is there a way for me to get the bInterfaceNumber from a device HID
Descriptor inside an xorg Input device driver?  I feel there should be an
existing mechanism to fulfil this, maybe through an ioctl call?  Can someone
show me what parameter(s) I need to use if the ioctl is supported?

Please also reply to me if you know there is no existing way to get the
bInterfaceNumber inside an xorg device driver so I will add my own
workaround in the kernel driver.

Ping