evdev: eGalax Touchscreen.

Pat Suwalski pat at suwalski.net
Wed May 13 15:54:41 PDT 2009

Peter Hutterer wrote:
>> I'm really looking for advice here, as it seems that more than one thing
>> is broken or at least contributing to problems. It would be really nice
>> to get touchscreens working a little better with evdev, and not have to
>> use evtouch. I'm not sure if my problems are related to kernel, X-evdev,
>> or something in between.
>
> Pat:
> This problem isn't uncommon, I've had my hands on a touchscreen that had
> similar issues. Please file a bugreport on bugs.freedesktop.org with this
> information and I'll help you then. It's easier to consolidate information
> in a bugreport than over a number of emails.

Hello Peter,

I filed the bugs individually as 21725 and 21726. I also have several
more touchscreens I will be putting through the test at some point soon.

However, I am still interested in some of the assumptions I mentioned in
my original eMail, specifically that a touchpad is not a touchscreen if
num_buttons exists, or that the calibration code only gets executed for
absolute devices with pens?

Are these things intended to stay this way, or is there a "better way"
that we should be seeking?

--Pat