Please revert Xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Pat Kane pekane52 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 05:56:38 PDT 2009

I am an old EMACS luser and have never lost EMACS work
due to the C-A-BS feature.

  > And at least this solution would enable users who in rapidly increasing
  > numbers are using virtualization on their desktops from having to kill
  > all their virtual machines because they have to power cycle when all
  > they needed was to zap a misbehaving X server ...

One of the few times that I _have_ been bitten by the C-A-BS feature/bug
was when I was trying to kill an X server running in a VM session on my
Linux box -- the wrong X server got zapped.  My experimental X servers
now use my own special zap sequence (C-A-END).

I think your best bet is to file a bug report against the change.

Pat
---