Summer of code

Robert Noland rnoland at 2hip.net
Fri Mar 13 18:12:21 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 21:38 +0100, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> Bill Crawford wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 March 2009 15:14:20 Matthias Hopf wrote:
> >> That is probably not in SoC's way (too little invention), and probably
> >> still difficult (if at all possible) to achieve. Or trivial. Probably
> >> nobody knows.
> >
> > Well, currently it mostly looks like bugs in the conversion to libpciaccess, and
> > now some issue with the int10 mechanism. Everything goes black, usually, but I
> > did manage to get the second screen to light up with severely corrupted display
> > by disabling DRI in xorg.conf ...
> >

> It's more than bugs in libpciaccess conversion. A lot of useful code was
> deleted and cannot simply be brought back because things changed a lot
> since the code was removed.
>
> I agree with Matthias that this needs a new design, but also that this
> is really important. Many users miss the multi-card multihead support.

Agreed, I'm getting dinged on it with fair regularity on FreeBSD now.
Between other things, I've been thinking a little bit about how to
handle the arbitration, but if we could deal with it reasonably in X /
libpciaccess, that makes it easier IMHO.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at 2hip.net>
2 Hip Networks