xorg-server: synaptics vs touch-point regression

Magnus Kessler Magnus.Kessler at gmx.net
Mon Jun 29 02:49:41 PDT 2009

On Monday 29 Jun 2009 03:46:30 Thomas Jaeger wrote:
> Sorry, my bad.  I didn't separate this patch and "dix: report subpixel
> coordinates for high-resolution devices" properly.  The attached patch
> should fix it.
>
> Tom
>
> Magnus Kessler wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > earlier this week I talked to you on IRC about a regression introduced in
> > the X server that causes the pointer to jump to the lower right corner
> > when switching from using the synaptics touchpad to the IBM track point.
> > Here's a little update on my findings so far.
> >
> > The regression was introduced by commit
> > 5cbd4d3d6e54d202ecdbb527b57aaefeb8435600 [0].
> >
> > I ran "xinput test" on the two devices. The track point always reports
> > values within the bounds of the current maximum screen coordinates:
> >

> > I'm CCing Thomas as the original author of the patch.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Magnus
> >

> > [0]
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=5cbd4d3d6e54d202ecdbb
> >527b57aaefeb8435600

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your response. I believe your fix is part of commit
cbeb6a73c44143674a700d36a7e9804d41003a4f [0]. In any case, git master now
works fine again with the Synaptics/Track Point combination.

Magnus

[0]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=cbeb6a73c44143674a700d36a7e9804d41003a4f