[Announce] X Developers' Conference 2009 (September 28-30)

Tue Jun 23 14:36:00 PDT 2009

A reminder that this year's X Developer's Conference is now just 3 months
away, but the wiki pages for attendees and talks are still bare.   If
you're planning on attending, please add yourself to the attendees wiki.
If you've got something to talk about, please add it to the program wiki
page.

For these pages, and further details (some of which is copied
below), see:

	http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Events/XDC2009

The 2009 X Developers' Conference[1] will be held at Portland State
University (PSU) in Portland, Oregon, from Monday September 28 through
Wednesday September 30. PSU is within walking distance of Portland's
downtown area and a wide variety of dining, lodging, and public
transportation options.

The conference is scheduled to follow directly after Linux Plumbers
Conference 2009[2] so that people attending both LPC and XDC can do that
with a single trip.

The conference will be held at the University Place[3] hotel and
conference center on the edge of the PSU campus.

We will run the 3-day summit as a normal conference, with presentations
and also birds-of-a-feather group sessions, as well as informal
'corridor sessions', and plenty of time for after-hours social
activities.

Attendance is free, but you must register beforehand, by putting your
name on the Attendees page.

We encourage attendees to stay at the conference hotel (University
Place[3]) for convenience. We have initially reserved a block of 20
rooms for the conference, (so let them know you're with the conference
when making a reservation). We will attempt to increase that block size
as needed, (so please make your reservation as early as possible).

[1] XDC 2009: http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Events/XDC2009
[2] LPC 2009: http://linuxplumbersconf.org/2009/
[3] University Place: http://cegs.pdx.edu/stay/upl/