ctrl-alt-backspace

Timothy S. Nelson wayland at wayland.id.au
Sun Jun 14 21:18:37 PDT 2009

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009, Harka Gyozo wrote:

> Okay, I will use the "-retro", but what about our users? I won't be able to
> help them.. just like in windows good breakpoints gone, if something is not
> working X server will act like a black box for remote untrained users.

 	I personally don't want to get involved in the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
debate, but to answer your question "What about our users?", the first thing
that sprang to my mind was something like this:

1.	Have all users install puppet, and point it at a puppet server that
 	you run (or do this for them)
2.	Configure the puppet server to set up Ctrl+Alt+Backspace on your users
 	machines.

 	http://reductivelabs.com/products/puppet/

 	There are alternatives to puppet out there (such as cfengine) if you
prefer soemthing else.

 	This solution would also mean that you would never again have to get
all your users to do something; you could just do it on the puppet server.

 	HTH,

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayland at wayland.id.au    | I am                           |