Patches to cleanup panoramix compile issues

Fri Feb 13 09:53:40 PST 2009

Benjamin Close wrote:
> Hi folks these patches fix the compilation issues with xserver as reported
> at http://www.mail-archive.com/xorg@lists.freedesktop.org/msg04615.html
>
> The xserver should only be using the header from the proto rather than
> pulling in the header from libXinerama which also has Xlib related code in it.

True, but we also need to finish cleaning up the X server at some point to use
it's own defines for the versions of extensions it's coded to support, and not
claim to support newer versions just because new proto headers are installed
if the code hasn't been updated to handle the new requests.   The proto headers
will have to list the version they define so we can check if they're too old
and either error or limit the Xserver to only supporting the version in the
proto headers.

Using the versions from the proto headers as the server supported version
worked when they were all in the same monolith, but when they're in modules
people upgrade independently we need to be more careful.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com