fbdev question

Diego A. Fons diegofons at apexar.com
Tue Dec 29 05:03:31 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm developing an application for an embedded device running a ARM9
microcontroller.

I've built X (hw/kdrive/fbdev) without problems, but now I'm writing an
application which uses the frame buffer without X.
The problem is that I can see the refresh when I move a simple square. I
think the problem is I'm drawing the scene while the FB is refreshing.
I noticed that X (using fbdev) doesn't behave like that, so I try to
read the fbdev code but I wasn't able to find out how fbdev writes data
to de FB. Of course I'm missing something.

The reason of this mail is to ask if someone can tell me how fbdev
writes data to the frame buffer and in which part of the source code may
I look. Is it a double buffer implementation?

Best regards,
Diego A. Fons.