Does Xfbdev support dual-head configuration??

prudhvi raj prudhviraj.v at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 05:44:21 PST 2009

I want to enable dual-head display using the KDrive tinyx server - Xfbdev
(X11R7.5 version). I am using Nvidia graphics card with two outputs
connected to two samsung monitors.

When i boot up the system with Fedora 11, the server is auto detecting both
monitors and both the monitors are getting up and the screen is spanned
among the two monitors.

But When i run the Xfbdev server the display is coming on only one monitor.

xrandr -q is giving the below output
Screen 0: minimum 1024 x 768, current 1024 x 768, maximum 1024 x 768
default connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
0mm x 0mm
  1024x768  0.0*

Why is Xrandr unable to detect the second monitor??

The Xfbdev has been compiled with XINERAMA and XRANDR extensions.

Should i need to configure Xfbdev in order to detect the dual head
configuration and show the display spanned among them??