New fb-based DDX, performance regressions relative to xfree86

Timothy Normand Miller theosib at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:04:07 PST 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 9:51 PM, Alan Coopersmith
<Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com> wrote:
> Timothy Normand Miller wrote:
>> Is there a qsort I can get at from within a DDX?  If I can't get at
>> the glibc qsort, I'd like to try something else.
>
> You can get at the glibc qsort from an Xorg DDX module - they're just
> .so files that can link with any library on the system, unlike the
> original Metrolink loader.

Thanks!

BTW, we did some more investigating, and I think that one problem is
that MTRRs aren't being set up right.  It's not a hardware problem,
because if we boot the same machine with the same graphics card under
RHEL3, we get good bursts on the PCI bus.  But under RHEL5, MTRRs are
not set up right.

Anyone know how to diagnose this problem?

--
Timothy Normand Miller
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~millerti