Delay between widget background and widget contents

Christoph Bartoschek bartoschek at or.uni-bonn.de
Thu Dec 3 01:40:49 PST 2009

Hi,

I asked on ati-devel and got no answer. Maybe here is someone who knows what
goes wrong:

Most Qt applications have the ugly property to first show the background and
then some time later the contents of the widgets on my system.

I have for example one application that starts over network where there is
about half a second delay between the background and the contents.

I have dumped the network protocol into the attached file. It seems as if the
delay is caused between second 4.16 and 4.63 and it seems as if the
application is waiting for the X-Server. Is this correct?

What could be wrong here? The delay is always reproducible.

Christoph