RFC: buffer swaps in a composited environment

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Mon Aug 31 18:21:14 PDT 2009

In preparation for our Plumbers session on this topic, Kristian, Ian
and myself have had several discussions about how to handle the various
GL swap & sync extensions in a DRI2 composited environment.

Today after some discussion I put together this page:
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/CompositeSwap

I think it captures most of the issues and extensions we're worried
about, but there may be others.  So if you're interested in this topic
please check it out and help us fill in any holes.

I'm especially interested in hearing from app, toolkit and window
manager/compositor developers here.

Thanks,