[RFC] reducing exported symbols from libX11

Julien Cristau jcristau at debian.org
Fri Aug 7 08:05:21 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 13:49:38 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at sanitizing the list of symbols exported by libX11.so

I just noticed bug#2607 which has a patch adding _X_EXPORTs to public
symbols instead of _X_HIDDEN to private ones.  I initially went with the
latter approach because it seemed easier to do step by step, but
explicitly marking public symbols makes sense, too.  What would be the
preferred approach here?

Cheers,
Julien