Allocating Pixmap in Card Memory

Franco Catrin L. fcatrin at tuxpan.com
Fri Jan 4 05:14:35 PST 2008

manisha salve <msalve at gmail.com> ha escrito:

> Hi ,
>
> I am writing  a DDX driver for 2D acceleration in Kdrive.  I am trying to
> figure out for CopyArea acceleration how to get pixmaps allocated in an area
> of memory that card can access .
> According to my understanding , application creates Pixmap anywhere in the
> system memory .But my graphics controller is not able to access that memory
> area for the acceleration.
>
> Please guide me to resolve this problem, How can i allocate pixmap in card
> memory ????

There should be an accelerated function to copy a block from system
memory to your card's memory, look for a bitblt operation.

The steps are:

1. Application allocates memory for a pixmap
2. Application draws something in that memory
3. The pixmap is copied to video memory using bitblt (CopyArea)

--
Franco Catrin L.
http://www.tuxpan.com/fcatrin