Removable buses

Dan Ellis dellis at newnhamresearch.com
Mon Jul 10 14:53:19 PDT 2006

I've just had a skim read of the driver API and it mentions many times
that buses are just scanned when the first X server starts.

Has anyone put much thought into hot pluggable buses which can supply
graphics?

I've been through this process before at some companies where I've
worked which have had textual based configuration files. It's fine when
everything's hardwired, but really the configuration should be more
along the lines of hints and be dynamic.

I know this may be a bit radical, but for certain applications it brings
tremendous benefits.

Any thoughts?

Dan.