Top-most windows

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 19 13:50:04 PST 2006

My understanding was that the reason why we did the composite wrapper
was so that DDXs had some time to "catch up." I thought that we were
doing it so that we could be compatible with existing DDXs.

So the issue is: should we require DID-using DDXs to change in order to
properly work with composite or are we going to provide some sort of
server tool/behavior to ease the transition? Just as we introduced a
new function which the DDX uses to tell composite whether or not it
needs the wrapper perhaps we can introduce a similar function which the
DDX can use to tell the server that it handles DIDs properly.