Event redirection issue: determining the type of triggered grabs

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jan 18 18:42:26 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 14:51 -0800, Deron Johnson wrote:

> > Is this an issue?
>
> Yes. I will need the Enter event on the activate grab to ALWAYS be
> generated. It looks like we might have to add a "force" argument
> to DoEnterLeaveEvents. Any other ideas?

We could add new events to XFixes that were delivered whenever the
pointer was grabbed. That seems in scope for XFixes, and seems somewhat
cleaner than hacking the existing EnterNotify events.

I can envision other uses for such an event already; changing feedback
and behaviour of the pointer device, for instance.

keith.packard at intel.com