Top-most windows

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jan 18 12:30:44 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 11:45 -0800, Deron Johnson wrote:

> First, in miMoveWindow and miSlideAndSizeWindow I had to make sure that
> miValidateTree is called instead of the DDX ValidateTree; apparently the
> Nvidia DDX ValidateTree function does DID painting. In addition, I had
> to force miHandleValidateExposures to be called instead of the DDX
> HandleExposures routine.

Ok, so the nvidia DDX is busted. No huge surprise, too bad we can't
easily fix it.

> Next, I needed to prevent cwPaintWindowBackground (and Border) from
> calling the DDX PaintWindowBackground/Border routine during window moves
> and resizes. The wrapping is such that cw calls directly into the DDX.

Oh, this is CompositeWrapper stuff. With EXA rolling into most of the
other drivers, the need for this code will be eliminated for everything
except existing nVidia drivers.

I'd like to know what changes would be required in an environment where
you had access to the driver code and avoided the composite wrapper
mess.

keith.packard at intel.com