Top-most windows

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 12 11:26:50 PST 2006

I believe that the semantics should be that the Xserver/DDX should only
paint DIDs when the surface being rendered to has DIDs. The problem is
that the DID preparation part of the Xserver/DDX doesn't know that
the rendering for a window is going into a pixmap, which doesn't have
DIDs. We must somehow communicate to this code that it doesn't need
to paint DIDs for redirected windows. I have implemented a kludgey
version of this and I would be interested in a cleaner way to do it.