topmost windows

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jan 11 08:27:05 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 12:03 -0800, Deron Johnson wrote:
> BTW: I've also prototyped the addition the composite-specific window
> attribute ignoreRedirectFromParent and it works fine too. This causes
> CompositeRedirectSubwindows to ignore windows marked with these
> attributes.

We discovered that the existing implementation would let the compositing
manager turn on RedirectSubwindows and then explicitly turn off Redirect
for its subwindow. Does this work for you? It may seem like something of
a kludge, but it does seem functionally equivalent to me. It does
restrict the unredirection of these windows to the same client
connection.

-keith (fewer changes are better?)