Top-most windows

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Mon Jan 9 11:06:02 PST 2006

Keith Packard wrote On 01/06/06 17:58,:
> On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 17:26 -0800, Deron Johnson wrote:
>

>>Avoiding server grabs is not just nicer looking, it's critical for good
>>performance. Especially when the scene is drawn at 60 frames per second!
>

> I guess I'm wondering how this would have an effect; the scene is drawn
> by the client which is holding the grab...

My understanding is that he was suggesting that the compositing manager
raise its output window every time it goes to render anything. This is
out of the question--grabbing the server everytime a 60 fps animator
renders anything is prohibitively expensive. But perhaps I misunderstood
what he was proposing.