My thoughts on InputOnly window proxies for 3D objects

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 5 16:08:41 PST 2006

More on 3D proxy windows.

In this mail I agree with Keith that the selection of cursor
visual representation can be moved upstream into the DS
Event Deliverer, effectively solving the 3D grab cursor
display problem.

I also mention that it is important that the 3D proxy window
information in the X server be kept up to date with what
is visible in the 3D scene graph. This must be done synchronously
with the event stream. Although it's a significant change to
LG, I believe this can be done. At any rate, it's worth prototyping.