Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Wed Jan 4 11:34:38 PST 2006

On Wednesday, January 4, 2006 11:31 am, Deron Johnson wrote:
> What is the Xorg architectural process for determining the
> resolution of this issue. Do you folks call for a vote on it?
> And who is included in the vote? And do I have a vote?

I don't know, I'm not familiar with the historical X Arch. Board
processes, but I was hoping that technical decisions like this could be
made on the list by consensus.  I.e. we should choose the best technical
solution on merit, and the developer submitting them should address any
objections or comments that arise with new code or reasoned arguments.
IMO the board should only step in as a final arbiter when irreconcilable
arguments occur...

Jesse