[DEPRECATION] Fullscreen entrypoints in DRI protocol

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Sat Sep 24 12:02:43 PDT 2005

On Sunday 11 September 2005 18:29, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> Yes I believe it is dead and can & should be removed.

Nuked, despite the lack of commit email (nggh...)

I'm debating whether this is worthy of a protocol number bump.  The fallback
paths in the 3d driver code seem to DTRT when fullscreen support is
unavailable, so technically it can be disabled without breaking the API.

The fun bit is that the DRI protocol number is defined in xf86dristr.h, which
comes from Mesa in the monolith, so actually changing the protocol number
requires committing to way more places and I'm tempted to not care.

As always, input would be appreciated.

- ajax