Input shaping

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Jun 10 09:37:44 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 06:12:38PM +0200, Felix Schulte wrote:
> On 6/10/05, Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 March 2005 15:05, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> > > In this thread:
> > >
> > >       http://lists.freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2005-January/005962.html
> > >
> > > Keith describes and extension to the Shape extension allowing windows
> > > to have an "input shape" in addition to the exisiting clip and
> > > bounding shapes.
> >
> > The only major objection I heard regarding this was that Xnest and Xdmx need
> > to be extended to support it as well.  I've committed this patch and opened a
> > new bug for adding input shape support to those two.
>
> Is the Shape extension now broken in Xnest and Xdmx?

If you care about Xnest, you might want to look at any number of the
crashes that make it unusable, including the current really fun one
where the server segfaults on regeneration.  Or when you ask it to do
Composite.  Or the one where it doesn't support Render.  Or the one
where it doesn't support SHM.  Or ...

So, 'no more broken than it already is'.

Cheers,
Daniel