CFP FOSDEM22 Graphics DevRoom

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Fri Dec 17 21:17:51 UTC 2021

Hi,

After a hiatus in 2021, the upcoming FOSDEM will have a graphics DevRoom
again. This time round on a sunday, the 6th of February 2022.

As usual, the focus of this DevRoom is:
* Graphics drivers: from display to media to 3d drivers, both in kernel
  or userspace. Be it part of DRM, KMS, V4L, (direct)FB, Xorg, Mesa...
* Input drivers: kernel and userspace.
* Windowing systems: X, Wayland, Mir, directFB, ...
* Low level toolkit stuff
* Low level machine learning.
* Colour management.
* ...

FOSDEM '22 is sadly a virtual event again. While a virtual FOSDEM lacks
all the wonderful madness of a real life FOSDEM, it does have the
advantage of not having to deal with travel and accomodation, the
physics of humans trundling around a big university campus, or a
booklet.

Talks:
------

Time slots will be the usual 25/50 minute talk length, you are free to
fill this time up as you see fit, but you might want to reserve 5
minutes for Q&A. I expect there to be 8h available for scheduling.

Since there are no travel accomodations to deal with, and there are no
people who physically need to get from one end of the ULB campus to the
other, and there are no 5000+ booklets to be printed, there is no first
come, first serve requirement this year round. But the other side of
that coin is that talks can be hard dropped from the devroom managers'
side until very late in the process if anything is not in order.

Hard talk submission deadline: 30th of december, 23:59UTC.

Further info on when a talk video should be finished to fit in the
FOSDEM infrastructure will follow, but expect somewhere between january
16th and 23rd, 3-2 weeks before the event. Again, more details will
follow.

Talk submission and review panel:
Arkadiusz Hiler (ivyl)
Luc Verhaegen (libv)
Martin Ruokala (mupuf)

Successful submitters will receive an email with further information on
the 31st, as it's not as if I will have anything better to do given that
mini-me will have been stabbed only once by then ;)

Pentabarf:
----------

Since FOSDEM has had to flash migrate to virtual last year, no further
work was sadly done to replace or fix pentabarf, a tool originally made
to create the fancy FOSDEM booklet, so its pent-up-clunkiness has to be
used again, especially since it actually works :)

https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM22

Re-use your accounts from the previous years. If you have forgotten your
password, then you can reset it here:
https://penta.fosdem.org/user/forgot_password

Here are the basic requirements before we consider a talk worth
scheduling:

On your personal page:
* General:
  * First Name
  * Last Name
  * Nickname
  * Public Name
  * Image
* Contact:
  * Contact email address
* Biography:
  * Short Biography

On your event page:
* On the General page:
  * Event title
  * Event subtitle.
  * Track: Graphics Devroom
* Persons:
  * Add yourself as speaker.
* Abstract:
  * Short abstract

Unlike IRL events with a booklet, you should be able to tweak this
information pretty much until you are finished with your talk.

That's it, hope to see your submission in penta, and your talk at
FOSDEM.

Luc Verhaegen.