[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.7.99.902

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Mar 21 22:45:26 PDT 2010

According to the published schedule, we're supposed to be closing in on
the release within the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty satisfied with
the current state of the code, but I'd love to hear about regressions
that people are finding so that we can clean things up before the
release.

I know of at least one PULL request that didn't make it to my inbox; if
there are any other patches people expect me to look at, please try
resending them, I don't have anything in my patchq at present.

Alan Coopersmith (1):
      Solaris xf86OSRingBell() off-by-one error in filling iov[] array

Chris Dekter (1):
      Re-enable RECORD extension.

Colin Harrison (2):
      Xming: Dead code removal
      Xming: Warning fixes

Dan Nicholson (1):
      xfree86: Reorder InputClass option priorities

Daniel Stone (1):
      Record: Avoid duplicates from replaying frozen events

Eamon Walsh (9):
      xselinux: Allow SetWindowCreateContext to be used for pixmaps as well.
      libselinux now has a pkgconfig file.  Use it.
      Revert "Remove some debug messages that trigger on XACE event delivery failure."
      Don't print a failure message when XACE denies an input event delivery.
      xselinux: Remove reference counting calls for SID objects.
      xselinux: Allow GetWindowContext to be used for pixmaps as well.
      xselinux: Rename window-related requests that now support pixmaps.
      xselinux: Bump extension minor version.
      Xext: Link to external libraries when necessary.

Francisco Jerez (3):
      Add a ConfigNotify hook.
      Import linked list helpers from the intel DDX.
      dri2: No need to blit from front on DRI2GetBuffers if they're just being reused.

Gaetan Nadon (1):
      XQuartz: remove undefined XSERVER_CFLAGS variable

Jeremy Huddleston (6):
      XQuartz: Fix linking (CloseInput())
      XQuartz: clang static analysis fixes
      XQuartz: Fix a possible buffer overrun in quartzAudio
      XQuartz: GLX: Fix prototype for swapBuffers
      XQuartz: Include os.h for OsAbort()
      XQuartz: Use an empty xkb keymap by default

Jon TURNEY (2):
      Cygwin/X: Fix thinko in mount option checking
      Cygwin/X: Tidy up some cosmetic issues in log strings

Julien Cristau (1):
      dix: restore lastDeviceEventTime update in dixSaveScreens

Keith Packard (3):
      Share enum definition for det_monrec_parameter sync_source
      Allow for missing or disabled compat_output
      Bump to 1.7.99.902 -- 1.8 RC2

Kristian Høgsberg (1):
      glx: Compile fix to let server compile with new and old mesa

Maarten Maathuis (1):
      exa/mixed: fix gnome-panel corruption

Matt Turner (2):
      Use C-style comments in x86emu
      Replace assembly with generic unaligned access code

Michel Dänzer (1):
      EXA/mixed: Clean up exaPrepareAccessReg_mixed() a little.

Oliver McFadden (4):
      parser: corrected xf86getBoolValue to use case insensitive compare
      exa: exaFinishAccess: Overrun of static array "pExaScr->access" of size 6 at position 6 with index variable "i"
      fb: fbFinishScreenInit: leaked_storage: Variable "(visuals|depths)" goes out of scope
      common: xf86Configure: alloc_strlen: Allocated memory does not have space for the terminating NUL of the string

Peter Harris (1):
      Don't double-swap the RandR PropertyNotify event

Peter Hutterer (16):
      dix: move config_init into the DDX.
      Xi: reset the sli pointers after copying device classes. (#25640)
      Xi: assume BadMode for non-BadMatch errors returned from SetDeviceMode.
      Xi: assume BadMode for non-BadMatch errors returned from SetDeviceMode.
      dix: remove now-erroneous comment about frozen slave devices.
      dix: try to ring the bell even if the current device doesn't have one. (#24503)
      dix: Use DeliverGrabbedEvent for implicit passive grabs (#25400)
      dmx: fix OsAbort()-related build error in examples/xinput.c
      configure: move libselinux requirement up to the common section.
      configure: move SELINUX_LIBS to XSERVER_SYS_LIBS
      dix: Clip only into axis ranges if we're in absolute mode. (#26543)
      os: remove INTERNAL_MALLOC define.
      xfree86: don't warn about nonexisting core pointer/keyboard in config.
      xfree86: fix xf86Config.c build error in --enable-debug mode. (#26971)
      Revert "dix: Use DeliverGrabbedEvent for implicit passive grabs (#25400)"
      dix: if owner-events is true for passive grabs, add the window mask (#25400)

Rami Ylimaki (2):
      os: Introduce OsAbort for proper core dumps.
      os: Prevent core dump from being truncated.

Robert Bragg (1):
      DRI2: initialize event->drawable in DRI2SwapEvent

Roland Scheidegger (2):
      hw/xfree86: fix refcounting in xf86_use_hw_cursor
      hw/xfree86: move reference counting out of the UseHWCursor[ARGB] functions

Simon Farnsworth (1):
      Always enable outputs that have been forced on in the configuration file

Soeren Sandmann (1):
      xfree86: Add qxl driver to the autoconfig logic

Thomas Jaeger (1):
      udev: Don't filter subsystem "input"

Yaakov Selkowitz (1):
      Cygwin/X: Allow the default log location to be configurable

git tag: xorg-server-1.7.99.902

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.7.99.902.tar.bz2
MD5:  0f4d818bad13bb643caa93964f369249  xorg-server-1.7.99.902.tar.bz2
SHA1: 649a77186df9d278d4d31e89dd02e48ca08d41c3  xorg-server-1.7.99.902.tar.bz2

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.7.99.902.tar.gz
MD5:  dd306c60c4f8da612430adf4d270a63b  xorg-server-1.7.99.902.tar.gz
SHA1: 613eb89c8df2d7e60f1ea0ab3270ef51b402d4b2  xorg-server-1.7.99.902.tar.gz

keith.packard at intel.com