[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.8.0.901

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Apr 26 22:14:42 PDT 2010

The first RC for X server 1.8.1 is now available. Current plans indicate
that there's one more before the final release. Last merge day for patch
requests to go into RC2 is Monday May 3. Please get your patches ready and
into master by then.

This RC has a whole lot of fixes from master, and they are all over the
board. The most notable change for distributors is that the server now
supports two configuration directories, one for distribution-specific
snippets and one for custom snippets installed by the user.
The pkg-config file for the server provides the variable "sysconfigdir" for
the former to allow customisation for different distributions.

Rest of the changes are all over the board but at this point I'd like to
remind everyone - if you want a patch in 1.8.1, please let me know to make
sure it doesn't get lost. I'm not picking up everything from master,
especially those areas I don't know too well are simply ignored by me.

Adam Tkac (1):
      dix: Export AllocDevicePair GetPointerEvents, GetKeyboardEvents and generate_modkeymap functions from Xorg.

Alan Coopersmith (1):
      Convert x86emu fixed size int typedefs to use stdint types

Benjamin Tissoires (1):
      xf86ScaleAxis: support for high resolution devices

Dan Nicholson (6):
      xfree86: Allow adding sysconfdir and datadir to config search paths
      xfree86: Document how -configdir affects the xorg.conf.d search path
      xfree86: Set a saner search path for xorg.conf.d
      xfree86: Search for a system xorg.conf.d
      Move 10-evdev.conf to system config dir $datadir/X11/xorg.conf.d
      xfree86: Fix priority ordering for ignoring input classes

Gaetan Nadon (1):
      doc: specify 1.6.1 as the minimum version for doxygen.

Jeremy Huddleston (7):
      XQuartz: Blacklist some oddball legacy Mac keycodes that break wine
      XQuartz: Add a defaults option to toggle Alt / Mode_switch
      XQuartz: Customize the NSDefaults id in the man file.
      XQuartz: Add a GUI preference for the Alt / Mode_switch toggle
      XQuartz: Localization update
      XQuartz: Fix possible NULL dereference in ListenOnOpenFD
      XQuartz GLX: Don't let garbage enter our pixel request

Jon TURNEY (1):
      Don't enable ROOTLESS_WORKAROUND, it breaks composite

Julien Cristau (2):
      XGE: don't register an extension event
      vfb: add a name and type to the pointer and keyboard

Kristian Høgsberg (4):
      glx: Track GLX 1.3 style GLX drawables under their X drawable ID as well
      glx: Let the resource system destroy pixmaps
      DRI2: Track DRI2 drawables as resources, not privates
      glx: Drop DestroyWindow hook

Michel Dänzer (1):
      EXA: Check sys_ptr isn't NULL before passing it to the UploadToScreen hook.

Paulo Ricardo Zanoni (1):
      dix: be more verbose when we run out of opcodes

Peter Hutterer (11):
      config: only match sane devices in 10-evdev.conf
      xfree86: remove dead input drivers from xorg.conf man page.
      dix: Fix crash in DeliverGrabbedEvents.
      mi: remove log-spamming bogus error message (#26843)
      xkb: Post PointerKeys through the XTEST device.
      xkb: Guard against SIGIO updates during PointerKeys.
      xkb: use GPE for XKB fake motion events.
      xkb: purge unneeded includes from ddxDevBtn.c
      Revert "mi: don't thrash resources when displaying the software cursor across screens"
      Xvfb: Usage message typo fix.
      xserver 1.8.0.901

Pierre-Loup A. Griffais (2):
      Don't keep a pointer to a possibly freed cursor when changing screens, preventing a crash in xf86CursorEnableDisableFBAccess() trying to restore it.
      mi: don't thrash resources when displaying the software cursor across screens

Tim Yamin (1):
      dix: fix cursor screen check for xinerama setups.

Yaakov Selkowitz (3):
      Disable setuid configure test on Cygwin
      Cygwin/X: Disable unsupported extensions in configure
      Cygwin/X: Add configure option for WindowsWM

git tag: xorg-server-1.8.0.901

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.8.0.901.tar.bz2
MD5:  5326bc5e84f2e3455321ab2baed26362  xorg-server-1.8.0.901.tar.bz2
SHA1: d7b249c0353a9a675ff425a4a1b6064befb6c2b4  xorg-server-1.8.0.901.tar.bz2

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.8.0.901.tar.gz
MD5:  3b66198a1b1c995874d24fd2836868b5  xorg-server-1.8.0.901.tar.gz
SHA1: 2a12ef3336b6fd636fe77a2ce2c2eae2beee61e8  xorg-server-1.8.0.901.tar.gz