[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.5.99.901

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jan 12 13:17:22 PST 2009

Ok, this is the first release candidate for X server version 1.6. At
this point, I'm interested in seeing only critical bug fixes submitted
on the wiki page. Sorry for the delay since 1.5.99.3, but I wanted to
get the Enter Leave/FocusIn Out fixes into this release.

-keith

Adam Jackson (7):
      randr: Add [GS]etOutputPrimary
      randr: Mangle compat Xinerama reply based on primary output
      randr: Mangle GetScreenResources sort order based on primary output
      randr: use primary output for RRFirstOutput()
      randr: clear primaryOutput when the output is deleted
      xsync: Fix wakeup storm in idletime counter.
      XAA: Disable offscreen pixmaps by default.

Alban Browaeys (1):
      Fix dmx compile on 1.6 branch.

Colin Guthrie (1):
      Fix compilation with -Werror=format-security

Cooper Yuan (1):
      Fix typo in xf86PickCrtcs()

Francis Giraldeau (1):
      Don't log audit messages when -audit 0 specified

Ian Romanick (1):
      GLX: Changes resulting from changes to Mesa generator scripts / data

Jeremy Huddleston (40):
      XQuartz: pbproxy: Simplify linking
      Removed unised option from configure.ac for launchd
      XQuartz: Corrected name/command labels in the customization widget
      XQuartz: darwinPointer reports the actual pixel position now rather than a relative position
      XQuartz: Removed some debug spew
      XQuartz: unsetenv(DISPLAY) if we're not org.x.X11
      XQuartz: unset DISPLAY if we didn't get a launchd socket handoff
      XQuartz: Avoid using login /bin/sh blech.  Just use a bash script to start the app, so it will inherit the right environment
      XQuartz: fixed make dist
      XQuartz: Fix path to executable
      XQuartz: Tiger fix, don't call Xplugin code in the Appkit thread if Xplugin isn't threadsafe.
      XQuartz: Updated menu item ordering for better HIG compliance
      mi: Reuse memory in mieqProcessInputEvents rather than making excessive calls to calloc()
      XQuartz: Name the startup shell script X11 for better compatability
      XQuartz: Get rid of white rectangle bug
      XQuartz: Changed X11.sh to allow use of a ~/.x11run as requested by users of alternate shells
      XQuartz: update quoting in case X11.app is moved to a directory with a space.
      XQuartz: pbproxy: Release display notification lock when not needed to avoid deadlock
      XQuartz: Run applications via '/bin/sh -c ...' to support users who expect shell parsing
      XQuartz: Update our "screens" when we toggle rootless rather than when we toggle fullscreen
      XQuartz: Don't use keycode 0 to determine !swallow since our most common key to swallow is actual keycode 0 (a)
      XQuartz: Re-enable rlAccel
      XQuartz: Reposition windows when we enter fullscreen to ensure our root window
      XQuartz: Try harder to get the user's login environment
      XQuartz: pbproxy: We explicitly need libX11 for pbproxy
      XQuartz: Updated man page fullscreen_hotkeys fullscreen_menu
      XQuartz: Workaround OSX VNC server bug for modifier key state
      XQuartz: Better avoid stuck keys on context switches
      XQuartz: Honor system key repeat rate
      XQuartz: Make sure to reset the saved key state when deactivating X11.app
      XQuartz: Don't use NX_SECONDARYFNMASK, NX_NUMERICPADMASK, NX_HELPMASK
      XQuartz: pbproxy: Push dpy init and CFRunLoop hook setup into the pbproxy thread to avoid possible deadlock
      XQuartz: Copyright Update... happy new year
      XQuartz: Use AvailabilityMacros.h instead of availability.h for Tiger
      XQuartz: Fat binary buildfixes
      XQuartz: Make debugging output for invalid depths a bit more detailed
      XQuartz: Use depth=24 instead of FatalError if we can't figure out our depth
      Apple: Don't use DRI2
      XQuartz: misc 1.6 updates (still --disable-glx)
      XQuartz: Add locking to make mieq thread safe on OSX

Keith Packard (8):
      Clean up rotation data when crtc is turned off
      When disabling SIGIO tracking, use SIG_IGN instead of SIG_DFL.
      Use scrn->virtualX/virtualY in xf86CrtcFitsScreen. Fix bug 19017.
      Patch brown-bag fix for bug 19017 (scrn->virtualX/virtualY 0 before PreInit)
      dix: re-implement enter/leave model.
      dix: move focus handling into enterleave.c.
      Merge include/dix-config-post-verbatim.h into include/dix-config.h.in
      Update version to 1.5.99.901 (1.6 RC1)

Maarten Maathuis (3):
      randr/xfree86: Fix a one off error in the panning calculations.
      exa: Allow drivers to set non-NULL devPrivate.ptr for !offscreen pixmaps.
      exa: preparing as source and finishing access as mask is a bad idea

Peter Hutterer (19):
      Xi: don't update VCP's valuators from DeviceValuator events #18882
      xkb: Allow NULL as rulesFile in XkbSetRulesDflts.
      xfree86: don't render SW cursors for devices attached to VCP (#16805)
      xfree86: fix compiler warning (use of uninitialized variable)
      Xi: silence compiler warning
      dix: move MAX_VALUATOR_EVENTS into include/input.h
      mi: Clean up CopyGetMasterEvent, re-use the memory.
      xfree86: don't call CheckMotion if a device hasn't been enabled. #19176
      xfree86: If an input device failed to activate, return immediately.
      xfree86: don't restore the TTY mode if we didn't initialize it ourselves
      dix: remove now unused "exclude" parameter from FirstPointerChild
      dix: reduce FirstPointerChild complexity
      dix: add a few auxiliary functions for the updated focus model.
      Let the DDX decide on the XkbRulesDefaults.
      xfree86: Only use the evdev ruleset on linux.
      dix: Fix handling of do_not_propagate_mask window attribute.
      dix: Fix handling of do_not_propagate_mask window attribute.
      mi: force CopyKeyClass for key events. (#19048)
      dix: drop x/y back into last.valuators before updating the history (#19285)

Robert Noland (1):
      Support -sharevts on FreeBSD

Stuart Bennett (1):
      dolt: allow older versions of bash to compile the xserver (#19031)

git tag: xorg-server-1.5.99.901

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.5.99.901.tar.bz2
MD5: 905970280ee831ddbde1aa7bef352ada  xorg-server-1.5.99.901.tar.bz2
SHA1: 146de51fb43aba9dc0186964a9060d72c7d78517  xorg-server-1.5.99.901.tar.bz2

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.5.99.901.tar.gz
MD5: 3cede1b72b9534545b4965f9b6f7fa9f  xorg-server-1.5.99.901.tar.gz
SHA1: 4a59acd7b2ce3cd150340b95870a9e721d13bffa  xorg-server-1.5.99.901.tar.gz

keith.packard at intel.com