[ANNOUNCE] intel-gpu-tools 1.0

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Mon Apr 27 10:59:09 PDT 2009

This little package is an amalgamation of a few things:
- miscellaneous userland tools that don't really fit into the 2D driver tree
- standalone regression tests for the DRM (make check)
- microbenchmarks of the DRM for kernel performance regression testing

By far the most popular tool here is intel_gpu_dump (thanks cworth!),
which can be run when your GPU is hung with KMS to produce a log of a
bunch of interesting information for submitting bug reports.  We'll
hopefully be hooking this up to a kerneloops style submission daemon
soon.

intel_gpu_top also gives you information on a few performance bits for
graphical apps, useful for pairing with sysprof+top.

The intel_regdumper tool didn't make it into this release, since I want
to get it rewritten when I move it over.

Carl Worth (6):
      Add Eric's batchbuffer-decode code
      Add very preliminary intel_gpu_dump program
      Add example command for mounting debugfs
      intel_gpu_dump: Mention filename in error message
      intel_gpu_dump: Give a nicer message for missing batchbuffer-dumping code
      intel_gpu_dump: Use asprintf instead of a static-sized array

Eric Anholt (27):
      Initial import of intel-graphics-tools with some microbenchmarks.
      Add notes about running things as root.
      Fix project name/version for distfiles.
      Add the tests we want from libdrm.
      Add intel_stepping from the 2D driver.
      intel_stepping: Add G45 and GM45.
      Port intel_idle from 2D driver as intel_gpu_top with a better interface.
      intel_gpu_top: Add more 965 bits.
      readme fixups
      rename project
      tests/: warning fixes
      Move i810_reg.h to lib/intel_reg.h and get it disted.
      Add intel_chipset.h to fix dist.
      intel_upload_blit_*: Fix reporting and generate junk instead of using random.
      Add a couple of other intel_upload_blit_large variants for comparison.
      Add a regression test for tiled object blitting.
      Add a test for pread after blitting to an object.
      Add a test for reading tiled objects with pread.
      Fix warning about assert in intel_batchbuffer.h
      intel_gpu_dump: Get the devid so we can decode correctly on gen4.
      intel_gpu_dump: Decode the GTT offset of batchbuffers.
      intel_gpu_dump: Dump ring, batch, and head/tail info when given the directory.
      intel_gpu_dump: Add no-arguments automatic mode, and clean up comments.
      Add a test to try to fill the ring.
      intel_gpu_top: Add ring information.
      .gitignore libtool junk
      Fix distcheck

git tag: 1.0

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/app/intel-gpu-tools-1.0.tar.bz2
MD5: 05c301d9ea2ea7db923fe1c4066d32ec  intel-gpu-tools-1.0.tar.bz2
SHA1: d2a6070a504658a40c40735b7819593dbf3d9c42  intel-gpu-tools-1.0.tar.bz2

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/app/intel-gpu-tools-1.0.tar.gz
MD5: fa363e7b4f0e6290b92a151d433238e9  intel-gpu-tools-1.0.tar.gz
SHA1: 9efc2f2daf6a52f5211be8e791f043bf0459653c  intel-gpu-tools-1.0.tar.gz

--
Eric Anholt
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com