[Xf86-video-armsoc] ARMSOC X11 plugin issues

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 04:29:59 UTC 2016

On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 11:12:00 -0700
Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 02:46:19PM +0900, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On 01.04.2016 15:57, David Garbett wrote:
> > > The main difference between modesetting and armsoc is that armsoc
> > > supports DRI2, and modesetting doesn't.
> >
> > The modesetting driver itself supports DRI2 as well. If it's not working
> > on this platform, it's probably because
> > hw/xfree86/dri2/dri2.c:dri2_probe_driver_name() doesn't know yet which
> > DRI client driver name to use for it.
>
> My understanding was that the modesetting driver was supporting DRI2
> through mesa, which we aren't using unfortunately (but instead the
> proprietary ARM OpenGL ES implementation)

Yes, the DRI2 spec does not define the exact interpretation of the
DRI2BUFFER data fields and leaves a lot up to the implementations.

This works fine as long as the DDX (or "plugin" as you call it)
and the client side GL library are interpreting DRI2BUFFER in
the same way and understand each other. But different DRI2
implementations are generally incompatible with each other.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka