[Xf86-video-armsoc] n-buffering support causes too many flips on Mali-400

Daniel Drake drake at endlessm.com
Mon Nov 17 04:31:52 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:11 AM, Sunny Sun <Sunny.Sun at arm.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel
> As I replied to you two months ago, this issue has been fixed with mali400 release r5p0-01rel0.

Sorry for the confusion. Admittedly I have reported a few similar issues now.
I thought the issue you solved a couple of months ago was the UMP
version framerate going many times higher than the screen's vertical
refresh rate, on xf86-video-armsoc-0.7.0.

On the other hand, the issue I tried to report here is about the
dmabuf version, and the framerate is exactly twice the screen's
vertical refresh rate, and it only happens after this specific
post-0.7.0 armsoc commit was added, so I assumed it is different.

Anyway, sounds like the next step is for me to wait for the r5p0
release so that we can sync up again.

Thanks for your work!
Daniel