[Xf86-video-armsoc] "Move wakeup handler to per-fd not per-Screen" breaks server generations

Daniel Drake drake at endlessm.com
Fri Nov 14 09:27:09 PST 2014

Hi,

I have noticed some breakage as a result of the following commit:

commit 04af999d33be6d2b748142c66d054c9287b314e1
Author: Ray Smith <raymond.smith at arm.com>
Date:   Wed Jun 26 13:44:54 2013 +0100

    Move wakeup handler to per-fd not per-Screen

Testing under a single screen environment, simply running the
following exhibits the breakage:
Xorg &
mutter &
xterm &

xterm starts running but is never drawn on the display.

The breakage happens because under this environment, the X server runs
InitBlockAndWakeupHandlers() some time after ARMSOCOpenDRM(). That X
function wipes out all event handlers.
As such, we never receive DRM events, so we never advance beyond the
first screen flip.

Reverting the patch makes this test case work fine, although probably
readds the original multi-screen issue that was trying to be solved.

Daniel