Any protocol documentation about premultiplied alpha?

Hoosier, Matt Matt.Hoosier at garmin.com
Wed Sep 29 14:48:11 UTC 2021

I put together https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland/-/merge_requests/180 .

________________________________
From: Simon Ser <contact at emersion.fr>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 8:28:08 AM
To: Hoosier, Matt
Cc: Pekka Paalanen; wayland-devel at lists.freedesktop.org; Carsten Haitzler
Subject: Re: Any protocol documentation about premultiplied alpha?

CAUTION - EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.

On Wednesday, September 29th, 2021 at 15:23, Hoosier, Matt <Matt.Hoosier at garmin.com> wrote:

> Would anybody be interested in some kind of comment inserted into the
> documentation for wl_buffer that expresses this implicit expectation?

Yeah, I think it would be nice to mention this. But still allow other protocols
to override the default pre-multiplied assumption ("Unless otherwise
specified…").

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be Garmin confidential and/or Garmin legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.