[Mesa-dev] [RFC] nir: compiler options for addressing modes

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:16:50 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:

> What is var_addressing_mode?  Sorry for not bringing that up before.

well, originally in my thinking it was for load_var/store_var..  but
perhaps that doesn't make sense (given lower_io).  Maybe it makes more
sense to define is as applying to var_local/var_global (where the
others apply to shader_in/shader_out/uniform and their equivalent
intrinsic forms)?

Maybe it's a bit weird since I don't lower vars to regs before feeding
to my ir3 frontend, but the whole load_var/store_var for array access,
and ssa for everything else form works kind of nicely for me.

BR,
-R