[Mesa-dev] Building Mesa for Windows using Visual Studio

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 07:01:22 PDT 2015

On 3 April 2015 at 14:43, Predut, Marius <marius.predut at intel.com> wrote:

>> Just a couple of small details - mesa has a fall-back for the mentioned functions (plus others) in $(top)/include/*h.
>>
>> That said, I believe that the overall consensus is that building mesa with MSVC 2008, is the bare minimum, with MSVC 2013 strongly recommended. Afaik, as the VMWare guys give us the go ahead > > > we'll drop all the workarounds for pre-2013 versions and bump the requirement.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Emil
> Hmm, nice to know,
> but in this case the build system have to take in consideration and this is a bug or ,
>  by hand we should copy headers?

Not sure I fully understand your statement here. Currently there are
two types of headers - A) provide official (like) implementation, and
B) that wrap around existing ones.
Example:
 A) include/c99/* provides stdint.h & co for MSVC 2012 and older as
they lack the headers.
 B) include/c99_math.h provides compat wrapper, as MSVC 2013's math.h
is not in C99 land yet.

About using those - everything is handled already. Where needed the
extra include is added by the build (for A) and where the code is
known to be build with MSVC a header from B is used rather than the
system one.

Hope that clears things up.
Emil